Homemade Gifts for a Heartwarming Holiday Season
Dec 01, 2015 03:37AM ● Published by Family Features
Instead of fighting crowds at the store, head to the kitchen and whip up Pinterest-worthy treats and crafts. Whether you’re gifting a gracious host or just want a few extra presents on hand for unexpected holiday guests, flavorful and aromatic kitchen creations are a delicious way to show you care this holiday season.
“Christmas cookies are always a popular gift but they’re not the only homemade option for the cookie lovers on your list,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “A small jar of spreadable Gingerbread Cookie Butter brings the taste of a classic holiday treat to unexpected places like toast and pancakes.”
Cinnamon and Pine Fragrance Jar
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 jar
- 2-3 pine branches (4 inches long)
- 2 McCormick Gourmet Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Whole Jamaican Allspice
- Place pine, cinnamon and allspice inside 8-ounce jar. Pour water to fill jar, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal.
- To add a lovely fragrance around the house, pour all contents of jar into small saucepan. Simmer on medium heat 10-15 minutes or until fragrant, adding additional water as needed.
Gingerbread Cookie Butter
- 8 ounces gingerbread cookies, about 8 (3 1/2-inch long) cookies
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Ginger
- Pulse cookies in food processor until resembling fine crumbs. Add sugar; pulse until just blended.
- Heat oil and water in small saucepan on low heat until coconut oil is melted. Slowly add oil mixture to processor while pulsing. Add vanilla and spices; pulse until just blended.