Woodstock Union High School Senior Gives Us Locker Décor Tips
Aug 29, 2017 02:29PM
● By Linda Ditch
Principal Smail also notes that there has been a decline in locker use from years past, primarily because most students keep their stuff with them in backpacks and book bags. However, he adds, “Lockers are still used as meeting places, a gathering point where students want to meet up with their friends.”
- A hoodie or sweater, in case it’s cooler in the building than you expected.
- An umbrella, in case you get caught in the rain.
- Hair ties and clips, just in case your morning hairstyle doesn’t survive gym class.
- Body spray and deodorant: Speaking of gym . . .
- Extra school supplies: Your pen ran out of ink. Your pencil is too short to sharpen. You need a glue stick for a project. Keep a supply box (or a cute plastic container or jar) in your locker with these supplies so they’re handy when you need them. And don’t forget sticky notes to post reminders on your locker door.
- A bottle of water and healthy snacks: Just in case you need to hydrate or stop your stomach from growling just before lunch.
Magnets are a must-have for locker decorating. You can stick them to photos and anything else you want to hang up with a hot glue gun or superglue. You can also buy magnets that already have sticky glue on the back, ready to attach to whatever you want.
Some handy items to hang on the inside of your locker door include a dry-erase board and a mirror. A pen and pencil holder is another good idea, as are magnets with clips so you can hang worksheets, homework reminders, etc. And don’t forget to hang a few favorite photos. You can buy frames with magnets already attached or add some to a favorite frame, as long as it’s lightweight and has no glass.