The Prince and The Pauper Restaurant to Host Brunch & a Movie For Mom
May 11, 2017 04:58PM
● By Linda Ditch
To celebrate the holiday this year, why not treat your mom to brunch and a movie? The Prince and The Prince & The Pauper is hosting a Mother’s Day brunch this Sunday the 14th. Along with the three-course, prix fixe meal, you will receive a ticket for a screening of the Disney movie Enchanted courtesy of Pentangle Arts.
The Prince and The Pauper’s Mother’s Day brunch menu:
- Cream of Asparagus Soup or House Salad
- Roasted Sirloin, sliced, with Haricot Verts and Sour Cream Mashed Potato
- Poached Faroe Islands Salmon with Spring Pea Risotto
- Quiche with Vermont Chèvre Cheese, Mushrooms, and Baby Spinach
- Bananas Foster French Toast with Bacon and Chef Lyda’s own Maple Syrup
- Brie and Apple Strudel, with Candied Bacon and Salted Apple Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
- Ice Cream-filled Profiterole with our warm Chocolate Amaretto Sauce
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Coffee, Tea or Soft Drink
The move Enchanted stars Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Idina Menzel and Susan Sarandon. It is the live-action story of the fairy tale Princess Giselle, who is sent into the present time by an evil queen. There she meets a handsome lawyer, and her feelings about life and love begin to change.
The cost for the brunch and matinee ticket is $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity.) Reservations begin at 10:30am and go until 12:15pm. The Prince and The Pauper is located at 24 Elm Street and will also be open for Mother’s Day dinner. Reservations are recommended. Call (802) 457-1818 to make a brunch or dinner reservation.
The matinee for Enchanted will be at the Historic Woodstock Town Hall Theatre, 31 The Green, at 2pm.