The 37th Annual Prouty: All You Need to Know
May 10, 2018 11:56AM
● By Paige Wallace
How can I get involved?
How much does registration cost?
Registration fees and fundraising minimums vary based on the event. Information on registration fees and fundraising minimums can be found here.
How can I raise money?
If you’re between the ages of 10 and 23, you can use Prouty’s partner Positive Tracks to help you sweat for good. Positive Tracks will teach you how to fundraise and even match your first $1,000.
- Post on social media platforms. It’s a great way to get the word out, and even if your friends don’t donate, someone they know might. Make sure you set your post to public so that others can share it. You can also create a fundraising page on Facebook. It makes it easy to pick a charity, share the event, and show others your goal and how much you’ve raised.
- Have a garage sale. Host one on your own or organize a neighborhood or community garage sale.
- Host a game night. Grab a bingo set from a secondhand store and charge an entry fee. You can also contact local bingo halls to see if they have a set you can rent. Or bring out all those old board games and set up various tables so folks can choose what they’d like to play.
- Host a raffle. Ask local businesses to donate goods or services as prizes. You can also provide your own prizes by baking tasty treats or promising an IOU for a service you can provide.
- Get your kids involved. If you have teenagers who love to babysit, ask them to consider donating a portion of their babysitting earnings or their babysitting services as a prize for game night.
- Host a cook-off. Summertime is great for barbecuing, and people love showing off their skills. Request an entry fee and give out awards such as “Best Ribs” or “Tastiest Side Dish.”
- Explore a company match. Ask your employer about matching donations for charity funds. Many companies offer up to a certain amount per employee every year for charitable donations.
What else do I need to know?