Vermont Farms Win Big at The American Cheese Society's Annual Competition
Oct 21, 2019 11:59AM
By Melanie Heisinger
Courtesy: Vt. Agency of Agriculture.
Even better, our local Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company placed 3rd in the Clothbound Windsordale category.
This annual competition is intended to shine a light on "American cheesemakers by showcasing their talents and work as leaders within the industry, both for their excellent cheesemaking and commitment to food safety," the American Cheese Society states.
While many Vermont creameries took home second and third places, here are the farms that brought home 1st:
• Barn First Creamery, Westfield: Malloy, 1st Place
• Cabot Creamery Cooperative, Cabot: Cabot Founders Private Stock, 1st Place; Cabot Centennial, 1st Place; Cabot Garlic & Herb (New York) 1st Place
• Consider Bardwell Farm, West Pawlet: Goatlet, 1st Place with Crown Finish Caves
• Grafton Village Cheese Company, Grafton: Shepsog, 1st Place and Best of Show Finalist
• Jasper Hill Farm, Greensboro: Cave Aged Cheddar, 1st Place in Category and Best of Show finalist in collaboration with Cabot Creamery Cooperative; Alpha Tolman, 1st Place, Cabot Clothbound
• Sage Farm Goat Dairy, Stowe: Starr, 1st Place collaboration with Mt. Mansfield Creamery, Morrisville; Spruce, 1st Place
• Spring Brook Farm/Farms for City Kids Foundation, Reading: Tarentaise Reserve, 1st place and Best of Show Finalist
• Vermont Creamery, Websterville: Bijou, 1st Place and Best of Show Finalist; Classic Spreadable Goat Cheese, 1st Place; We Be Chivin' with Wegmans Market Affinage Program, 1st Place and Best of Show Finalist
For a full list of all Vermont winners, visit the American Cheese Society website.
Vermont cheesemakers win big at annual competition | WCAX