Brussels Sprout Apple Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Trim bottom from sprouts and remove any loose or bruised leaves. Place shredding disc or fine slicing disc in a food processor, and using a feeder tube, gradually shred Brussels sprouts; there will be about 4-1/2 cups. Transfer shredded sprouts to the mixing bowl.
2. Add apple, cranberries, walnuts, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and stir with a fork to combine. Add oil and stir well. Cover and refrigerate slaw for 1 to 3 hours or overnight for flavors to marinate. Re-stir before serving.
- If Meyer lemon juice is not available, use 1/4 cup regular fresh lemon juice or juice from 2 large lemons.
- Slaw is best served within 24 hours.
To read about more fall-inspired recipes please go to The Woodstock Magazine Fall 2020 digital edition page 72.